Here is a recipe for a Chocolate Almond Braid that has just 4 ingredients! You’re going to love this yummy treat.
Ingredients: One Puff pastry sheet, a chocolate bar, egg wash and your favorite crushed nuts (we used almonds).
Directions: Lay out your puff pastry. Place your chocolate bar in the center, cut diagonal lines along the left and right side of the chocolate bar about an inch apart. Remove the corner pieces. ( I actually used these pieces as extras and baked them with the egg wash on them) Starting from the top, fold down the flap then alternate right and left until you are close to the bottom. Fold the bottom flap up and finish alternating between right and left. Tuck any extra puff pastry underneath. Place the braided puff pastry on parchment paper lined baking tray. Brush with egg wash and sprinkle crushed nuts over Bake at 415°F for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
EASY APPLE FRITTER RINGS
– Apples (we used gala)
– Ginger ale (1 can will do)
– Powdered sugar
How to make it:
Slice apples into rings and remove centers (I used a melon baller to remove centers). In a large bowl, mix flour with ginger ale until you have a thick batter. Batter rings and fry in oil until golden brown. Cover in a mixture of powdered sugar and cinnamon. YUM!
I love Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal. I think I got hooked on it when it went on sale buy one get one free. This cake looks delicious. I think I may make it this coming weekend for breakfast 😉 Sign up for the Best of Betty Crocker and get recipes and coupons like this:
1 box Betty Crocker SuperMoist butter recipe yellow cake mix
Water, butter and eggs called for on cake mix box
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup coarsely crushed Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal
1 tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 box (6-serving size) vanilla instant pudding and pie filling mix
3 cups cold milk
1 container (8 oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed
Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13×9-inch pan with cooking spray.
Make and bake cake as directed on box, using water, butter and eggs and adding cinnamon and vanilla.
While cake is baking, in small bowl, mix Cereal Crumble ingredients. Spread in ungreased shallow baking pan; set aside.
Remove cake from oven to cooling rack; cool 5 minutes. Place cereal crumble in oven; bake at 350°F for 7 minutes. When baked, remove from pan to paper towels or flat paper bag.
When cake has cooled 5 minutes, with handle of wooden spoon (1/4 to 1/2 inch in diameter), poke holes almost to bottom of cake every 1/2 inch, wiping spoon handle occasionally to reduce sticking.
In medium bowl, stir together Filling ingredients (mixture will thicken). Pour over cake; spread evenly over surface, working back and forth to fill holes. (Some filling should remain on top of cake.) Refrigerate 1 hour.
Spread whipped topping evenly over cake. Immediately before serving, sprinkle crumble over top.
Here is an easy recipe for Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip.
1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese( cubed)
1-1/2 cups finely chopped cooked chicken
2 stalks celery finely chopped
1/2 cup Kraft Blue Cheese Dressing
1/2 cup Frank’s RedHot Buffalo Wings Sauce
Combine ingredients in microwaveable bowl.
Microwave on high 5 min. or until cream cheese is melted and dip is heated through, stirring after 3 min.
Don’t these cookies look yummy? My sister made these Sunday and I asked if I could post her recipes here. If you are baking for the holidays or need cookies for a Cookie Exchange Swap here are two good recipes to start with. I am posting just the Peanut Butter Blossoms and Apple Pie Snickerdoodle cookie recipes. The other two cookies are Salted Caramel Dark Chocolate Cookie(top right) and Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies(bottom left) in the picture. I will try and add more recipes if I can before the holidays. Enjoy!
Peanut Butter Blossoms:
48 HERSHEY’S KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates
1/2 cup shortening
3/4 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
Additional granulated sugar(optional)
1. Heat oven to 375°F. Remove wrappers from chocolates. 2. Beat shortening and peanut butter in large bowl until well blended. Add 1/3 cup granulated sugar and brown sugar; beat until fluffy. Add egg, milk and vanilla; beat well. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into peanut butter mixture. 3. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in granulated sugar; place on ungreased cookie sheet. 4. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately press a chocolate into center of each cookie; cookie will crack around edges. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. Makes about 48 cookies.
Apple Pie Snicker Doodle Cookies:
1/2 cup of butter (softened)
1 1/2 cups of brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup of apple butter
2 1/4 cups of flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp corn starch
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
For the topping:
1/3 cup of sugar
1/2 tsp apple pie spice
1/2 tsp cinnamon
•cream together the butter and brown sugar, •add the eggs one at a time scraping the bowl after each addition, •mix in the vanilla and the apple butter, •combine the flour, corn starch, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon, •add to the butter mixture and mix, •cover the dough with plastic wrap and chill for at least 60 minutes, •pre-heat the oven to 350, •combine the 1/3 cup sugar with the cinnamon and apple pie spice, •scoop 1 tbsp size balls and roll in the cinnamon/sugar, •bake for 10 minutes (rotating sheets half way through baking time), •cool on sheet for 2 minutes and enjoy!
Here is the recipe for Pretzel Chocolate Rings:
One bag of M&M’s
One bag of Hershey’s Kisses
One bag of square pretzels (not butter snaps)
Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with a parchment or wax paper. Align pretzels on cookie sheet in a single layer then top each pretzel with one Hershey’s kiss.
Bake in preheated oven for 2 to 3 minutes until the chocolate is shiny
Remove from oven and carefully place one M&M in the center of each soft kiss and press down on M&M to spread the chocolate.
Place in refrigerator and allow to rest until chocolate has set, about 5 minutes. Store in an airtight container
Have you signed up for Betty Crocker yet? Head over here and fill in your information to get all the coupons, recipes and free samples from Betty Crocker. They currently have a Betty’s Guide to Halloween with super cute recipes like this one:
1 Blazin’ Blue/Green Betty Crocker™ Fruit Roll-Ups® fruit flavored snack from the Blastin’ Berry Hot Colors® pack or Fruit Fusion™ variety pack
2 paper lollipop sticks
1 Betty Crocker™ Fruit Roll-Ups® fruit flavored snack in another color
Other candy pieces, as desired. Black decorating icing & 4 candy eyeballs
1. Unroll fruit flavored snacks; remove paper. Cut Blazin’ Blue/Green fruit flavored snack in half, separating the blue and green.
2. Insert lollipop stick into 2 marshmallows, keeping marshmallows together on 1 end of stick. Repeat for second pop.
3. Place marshmallows on 1 half of fruit flavored snack strip, and wrap around so that marshmallows are covered. Press open ends of fruit flavored snack together to cover marshmallows. Repeat for other half of fruit flavored snack strip and marshmallows.
4. Cut strips from the second fruit flavored snack (different color); cut slits to create hair. Press on and fold over to hang down over top of marshmallow to make hair.
5. Cut 2 strips, 2×1/4 inch each, also from second fruit snack. Roll up each strip. Press each roll on sides of head to form bolts, or use candy pieces attached with black icing.
6. Press candy eyeballs on face. Use black icing to make scar and mouth.